Requirements: MS Windows 95/98/ME/NT/XP/2000 etc.; Linux using
- Fast: Generate a 200 by 200
from 15,000 data points in less than3 seconds on a 500Mhz Pentium.
- Big Data Sets: QuikGrid has
been tested on 10 million data points generating a grid of size
- 2d Contour Maps or 3d
surface display: Contours and data points may be displayed in
a 2d or 3d format.
- Meteorological data: Wind and
direction may be displayed as wind arrows in the 2d view along with
one other variable, for example a contour map showing air pressure.
- Customize your own copy by
your own personal default configuration. Select your own colors for
features (grid lines, contour lines, etc).
- Query the program about surface
features using the right mouse button.
- Zoom and Pan either the 2d or
3d display using the mouse or keyboard.
- Easy of use: QuikGrid uses
defaults suitable for a wide range of data input.
- Edge/boundary detection:Automatically
detects areas of the grid that contain no data points and will not
a grid for those areas, nor contour or display them.
- DXF file output: Output the
grid, contours or data points in DXF format for input into other
QuikGrid can output the grid and contour lines using the DXF LINE or
POLYLINE formats. It can output the grid itself in the DXF 3DFACE
- Export the grid as an ER Mapper Raster
or as a series of XYZ triplets.
- Export the grid as a VRML
Reality Modeling Language) file.
- View 1 degree USGS DEM files.